AD DYNAMO

Thursday 27 September 2012

Watch ex-wives of Zaaki Adzay, Frank Edoho and other women share stories of domestic violence

I hope this would help people to see the actual effect of domestic violence and make amends before it leads to death.
 support of Peace One Day's Global Truce 2012 'Reducing Domestic Violence' Campaign and in celebration of Peace Day , the Wellbeing Foundation Africa is creating awareness of the human and emotional cost of domestic violence by launching a short Eliminate Domestic Violence documentary which voices the experiences of gender-based violence victims.
A short documentary, highlighting the experiences of several abused women, was launched to aid the course. The video featured two prominent faces, who had been married to celebrities and were victims. they recounted their ordeals. “Just to dare to argue with your husband is like a challenge in your home,” Obiang who was once married to the ‘Who Wants To Be A Millionaire’ host, Frank Edoho said. “The woman is challenging the man and tempers flay and then you snap, then there is a slap. He says ‘I am sorry it is a mistake’ then says ‘sorry I won’t do it again,’ then he does it again, again and again.” 
 Hadiza, who recently walked out Zaaki Adzay’s home, narrated a rather bizarre experience. “He slapped me on the face so (and said) ‘get up you must abort this pregnancy today. Now that I am married to you, you want to hook me with pregnancy because I am a celebrity.’ Then there was a wardrobe in our room so I put my tummy in there and then he continued beating me. He had some folic acid in his hand and said I should swallow it and abort the pregnancy. When he gave me I said he should allow me take water, thank God the door was open so I ran away.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

LindaOnu's Followers