AD DYNAMO

Friday 20 December 2013

Beyonce explains why she sampled Chimamanda Adichie's work


Beyonce has explained why she sampled the work of award winning author Chimamanda Adichie in a track in her new album. Beyonce put a portion of Chimamanda's speech about feminism and roles women play in the society in the song, Flawless.
    “I was scrolling through videos about feminism on Youtube and I ran across this video of this incredible Nigerian author, Chimamanda Adichie. Everything she said is exactly how I feel,” BeyoncĂ© explains

    "My message in this album was finding the beauty in imperfection. I had this image of this trophy and me accepting these awards and kind of training myself to be a champion and at the end of the day when you go through all of these things, is it worth it? I mean, you get this trophy and you’re like, ‘I basically starved, I have neglected all the people that I love, I’ve conformed to what everybody else thinks I should be and I have this trophy. What does that mean?"
    "The trophy represents all of the sacrifices I made as a kid, all the time I lost being on the road in the studios as a child and I just want to throw that s**t up!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

LindaOnu's Followers