AD DYNAMO

Tuesday 30 August 2016

Rooney Confirms 2018 World Cup Will Be His Last Tournament With England

Wayne Rooney has confirmed the 2018 World Cup in Russia will be his last with England.
Speaking at a news conference ahead of the opening World Cup qualifier with Slovakia on Sunday Rooney confirmed he plans to call it a day in two years' time.

"Realistically I know myself that Russia will be my last opportunity to do anything with England. Hopefully I can end my time with England on a high.
"I said before the Euros I enjoyed playing in this team, and that's the case still. There were some questions about whether I should stop playing, but I am looking forward to getting back on the pitch.
"I made my mind up before the Euros, whether we did well or not, that I was going to continue. I've had nothing to think about since then." He added: "My mind is made up... Russia will be my last tournament."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LindaOnu's Followers