AD DYNAMO

Wednesday 10 December 2014

Jim Nwobodo disowns his three children from his first wife

Jim Nwobodo has disowned his 3 children from his first wife, saying they're not his 'flesh & blood'
The former Governor of the old Anambra State addressed journalists in Enugu yesterday and accused two of his children (the ones he disowned today) Chukwudi and Nonso Nwobodo, of stealing the corpse of their older brother, Ifeanyi Nwobodo, who died in November after a battle with cancer
Remember last week Jim Nwobodo refused for his 1st son to be buried inside his compound, insisting that he be buried outside. But his brothers refused and took his corpse away. Nwobodo addressed the problems he's having with his sons at his home today.     "This is not really a very happy occasion for me – at my age, I should be talking about peace and not to get involved in something like this. Ifeanyi was my first son and unknown to us, myself and my wife, his family hid him.

    “When we got to know that he was sick, we were very worried, we made sure he was taken to the best cancer hospital in the US.”

    "From the day he died, I started planning for his burial. Because of politics, I felt that I should bury him before the primaries.

    “Chukwudi and Nonso (Ifeanyi’s siblings) came to see me here and I told them that the burial will be in two weeks time, that they should come back so that we could plan for it.

    “As I am talking, I have seen neither Chukwudi nor Nonso till date. Their sister, who came back from US and called me to say that she is back, as I am talking to you, I have not seen her.

    “You start to wonder- what kind of children are these? The press said I have two wives – it is not true. I divorced her (former wife) before I became governor. I have the divorce papers, please don’t refer to me as having two wives. I am a decent man. I have only one wife. Please save me the trouble and embarrassment of talking about matrimonial trouble, the church will not wed me if I have two wives.

    "The children through her (former wife) cannot be said to have been flesh and blood. I am stopping at that – you know what I mean. A child that is yours will not hurt you like this, these children cannot be my flesh and blood.

    “My children love me. It is only children that are not yours that will seize their brother’s dead body. If they can steal the dead body of their brother, it is terrible, unprecedented.”

    “They suggested the church and when the Bishop approached me, I accepted. The Bishops started preparing for the service, but till date the same people disappeared. If they say a word, I will tell the world what they have done and the entire world will spit at them”.

    "If you are a father, you put the date for your son’s burial and these riff-raffs put a new date, will you go?”

Source: Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment

LindaOnu's Followers