Wednesday, 13 April 2016
Chris Giwa vows to take over NFF secretariat from Amaju Pinnick despite FIFA warning
The World's football governing body, FIFA had through it's secretary general Markus Kattner warned the NFF to refuse any court order asking for the current president Amaju Pinnick to be replaced, saying Giwa had already taken the election case to the Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS) and lost.
But Chris Giwa says it his right to resume office and as long as Nigerian laws are concerned, they are the recognized elected body of the NFF.
“That is our secretariat and we will be there. I haven’t resumed there because I just came in to Abuja but we will be at the secretariat tomorrow (Wednesday),” he said to journalists.
“That is our secretariat and you (the media) already saw our board members there on Friday and they all waited for me yesterday.
“One of the reasons we weren’t there (Glass House) yesterday was because we wanted to get the court order signed so that all relevant authorities would be served and to the glory of God we have done that, so it is our right.
“I repeat it, it is our right and as long as Nigerian laws are concerned, we are the recognized elected body of the Nigeria Football Federation, so it is our right. We will be there by the grace of God,” Giwa emphatically declared.
The Giwa board also said all State FA board have been suspended as their elections conducted under the Amaju Pinnick board are illegal and unknown to law.
“Based on the Order of the Federal High Court Jos which nullified the Warri elections, that has guaranteed the fact that all actions undertaken by the Amaju Pinnick board are illegal and unknown to law.