AD DYNAMO

Wednesday 28 May 2014

'I can't deliver your letter to Boko Haram leader' - First Lady tells kids

Some Nigerian children who paid a courtesy visit to First Lady Patience Jonathan yesterday in Abuja to mark the Children's Day celebration seized the opportunity to hand her letters they wrote to Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau protesting the abduction of the Chibok girls and asked the First Lady to pass the letter to him.

Mama Peace received the letter but immediately told the children that she doesn't know who Shekau is but would give their letters to the Chief of Defence Staff who would help deliver it accordingly..
    "Let me thank the children that gave me letter to give Boko Haram. Well, I have received your letter, but I’m not the one to give it to Boko Haram because I don’t know Boko Haram and I have never seen Boko Haram. But I will give it to NSA or Chief of Defence Staff who will submit your letter accordingly. To my children parliament, thank you for your letter. Thank you for your deliberation. I have received what you gave to me. I will make sure I pass it to the president because it is addressed to him and the other one is addressed to Boko Haram. That is why the two are different.” she said

Mama Peace advised the children and Nigerians in general to desist from speaking evil or reigning abuses on the President, saying he is the head of the country as God has made him so. She drew her advice from the bible

    "It is bad to abuse our country and the president because God has made him the head. The almighty God commands us to pray for our leaders. We therefore need to pray for the development of our country and the president.

    Remember that a child that abuses his father and mother is disobeying God’s commandment because the bible says in Exodus 20:12 that you should honour your father and mother so that you may live long in the land that the Lord your God has given you. The holy Bible is not referring to only biological parents. Any one that is older than you even for a day must be respected. Let us therefore join hands and rebuild our country Nigeria” she advised

No comments:

Post a Comment

LindaOnu's Followers