AD DYNAMO

Wednesday 3 September 2014

I will sue Australian negotiator who said I sponsor Boko Haram - Alimodu Sheriff

Former Borno state governor Alimodu Sheriff, who was accused by Australian Boko Haram negotiator Stephen Davis of being a sponsor of Boko Haram, held a press conference which ended a few minutes ago where he addressed the accusations. He denied the claims and said he plans to sue Mr Davis. He said the campaign against him is 'callous and unwarranted' and those linking him with the sect are 'either ignorant or completely out for mischief'.

    "I condole with the people of Borno, particularly the people of Bama, Gwoza and Gamboru over the recent attacks. My name has been mentioned for political reasons over the attacks of Boko Haram. I have been accused unfairly in connection with Boko Haram since I left office.

     "For the records, let me state categorically that I do not share the same ideology with Boko Haram. By my nature, I am opposed to the philosophy of Boko Haram."

    "The recent purported interview granted by Australian negotiator, Stephen Davies, could not avail the federal government of the information concerning the alleged sponsors of Boko Haram... but he sneaked out of the country to make false claims."

    "It is instructive to point out that I have been one of the greatest victims of Borno. I was a target of Boko Haram during my time because I refused to abdicate my responsibility."

    "Among those killed by Boko Haram was my younger brother, Alhaji Goni. Some of my friends and associates were killed in cold blood by Boko Haram."

    "For the records, the late leader of Boko Haram, Mohammed Yusuf, once named me, Umaru Yar'Adua and some other leaders as targets. He boasted he would deal with all of us."

    "I banned Boko Haram. I was the one who made a law that outlawed the group," he says.  "The sect later changed its name. And in spite of our efforts, the group continued to wreak havoc."


    "The sect has become captive of political forces and [has been] used for settling political scores".

    "I have no association with any terrorists anywhere. I have never met the group. I cannot be a sponsor of a group I have not met before."

    "Today, there are ten thousand members of Boko Haram terrorizing our people. All my actions as governor was to guide my people right."

    "The fact that one of my commissioners, Buji Koi, was named as member of the group does not make me a member. It doesn't make sense."

    "I leave the rest for Nigerians to judge whether it is a crime to do good to all men."

    "I will sue the Australian. I have instructed my lawyers to sue the faceless Australian."

    "I don't have foot soldiers, as they alleged. The allegation that some foot soldiers who turned against me became Boko Haram is not true."

He acknowledged that he was recently invited by the State Security Service (SSS) but it had nothing to do with Boko Haram.

    "I am prepared to face any panel in the world to clear my name of Boko Haram."




No comments:

Post a Comment

LindaOnu's Followers