AD DYNAMO

Monday 22 September 2014

Photo: Police hunt man who killed siblings, hacked two in Edo state

According to a report by Punch, Okeze stormed the home of his neighbour, Oliver Udeh, last Wednesday September 17th in Okha II community, off Old Sapele Road in the Ikpoba-Okha LGA of Edo State, and attacked his children with a machete. He killed Udeh's two children, Destiny (3years) and Samson (6years). He then attacked two other children, Goodness (4years - pictured left) and Gift (8years - pictured right). He severed Goodness' arm and tore the nose of Gift.


According to the Edo state Police spokesman, Noble Uwoh, Okeze, who is currently on the run, attacked the children inside their home after he had a disagreement with their mother, Chinyere Udeh. He said Okeze immediately fled the scene but a manhunt has been launched by the state Police command

    “The suspect murdered the two children in his neighbour’s apartment, following a misunderstanding between him and the Udehs. The man actually had a misunderstanding with the wife and the man went to her house and murdered a six-year-old boy and another three-year-old boy. The same suspect went ahead to inflict injuries on two other children of that woman who are currently undergoing treatment, while two corpses have been deposited in the mortuary. The injured ones are Gift Oliver, eight years, and Goodness Oliver, four years. The suspected killer fled the scene, but investigation is ongoing and efforts are being made to locate and arrest the man. We have launched a manhunt for him.” he said

Speaking about the sad incident, Oliver Udeh, who hails from Enugu state, said Okeze was initially going to attack his wife, Chinyere, but when she ran to get help from Neighbors, he descended on their young children

    “The man attacked four of my children with a cutlass. Two died, while the remaining two are at the University of Benin Teaching Hospital. I have six children. My other two boys and my wife escaped from the man. The corpses of the two who died are at the Stella Obasanjo Hospital, Benin. It was my wife that he wanted to kill. But she ran away to call our neighbors. When they arrived at my house, he ran away into the bush and we have yet to find him. I didn’t have any problem with him. But my wife told me that he hated my children. So, when I traveled, he attacked my family with a cutlass and killed two of my children.” he said

No comments:

Post a Comment

LindaOnu's Followers