Saturday, 14 November 2015
ISIS claims responsibility for Paris terror attacks, says France would remain at the top of its list of target
The Islamic State group on Saturday claimed responsibility for a wave of attacks in Paris that left more than 120 people dead and at least 99 people injured on Friday night, and warms that the killings were the "first of a storm" In a statement released in Arabic, English, French and Russian, the group said its fighters donning suicide explosive belts and wielding machine guns carried out the targeted attacks in several locations in the French capital.
French security officials said one of the eight attackers was a woman, according to report. A Syrian passport was reportedly found near the body of one attacker. And at least one of the attackers was reportedly French. All of the attackers are dead, seven detonated their suicide vests and one was killed during the police raid at Bataclan concert hall where people were being held hostage.
The statements said eight militants armed with explosive belts and automatic weapons attacked carefully chosen targets in the "capital of adultery and vice," including a soccer stadium where France was playing Germany, and the Bataclan concert hall, where an American rock band was playing, and "hundreds of apostates were attending an adulterous party"
"Eight brothers carrying explosive belts and guns targeted areas in the heart of the French capital that were specifically chosen in advance: the Stade de France during a match against Germany which that imbecile Francois Hollande was attending; the Bataclan where hundreds of idolaters were together in a party of perversity as well as other targets in the tenth, eleventh and eighteenth arrondissement," said the ISIS statement.
"France and those who follow its path must know that they remain the principal targets of the Islamic State," it continued. The message suggested that there will be more attacks in the future.
"The smell of death will never leave their noses as long as they lead the convoy of the Crusader campaign," it said, adding that ISIS militants "are proud of fighting Islam in France and striking the Muslims in the land of the Caliphate with their planes, which did not help them at all in the streets of Paris and its rotten alleys, and this attack is the first of the storm and a warning to those who wish to learn." The statements did not provide the nationalities or other information about the attackers.
French President had earlier blamed the attacks on the Islamic State group and vowed to strike back.