AD DYNAMO

Tuesday 8 October 2013

Photos: Nigerian acid attack victim Naomi Oni has eyebrows restored

 21 year old acid victim Naomi Oni, who was disfigured for life when an unknown person wearing a niqab threw acid in her face as she walked home from work on Sunday December 30th 2012 in Lodge Avenue Dagenham, east London, has had her eyebrows restored after it was burnt off in the horrific attack. (Above pics: Naomi before the attack, after the attack and now)

The acid burned off the skin on her face and scalp and left her temporarily blinded. She lost her eyelids, eyebrows and some of her hair in the assault. Fortunately doctors have been able to rebuild her her features, including taking skin from the back of her ear to make new eyelids for her and now new eyebrows. See more more photos after the cut. She said:
    'It has been very difficult to come to terms with.My doctors have been brilliant but it will take years of laser surgery to repair my face.There is only so much you can do at any one time – then there is long healing process before you can undergo the next stage of the treatment.It is only now that I had been able to have semi-permanent make-up on my face.'I loved having the treatment – it feels so good to have my eyebrows back.
    'What I loved about the treatment was its intricacy – it is a form of cosmetic tattooing.  It is the closest you can get to mimicking the appearance of the original brow.
    I did get a bit emotional when I saw them. It’s the first time I have seen myself with eyebrows for almost a year.'


No comments:

Post a Comment

LindaOnu's Followers