AD DYNAMO

Saturday 22 November 2014

Ndi Okereke’s cousin rapes UNILAG undergraduate

     "When we got to his house, I told him that I was not interested in having sex with him, he called two of his security guards to help him to tie me up and seal my mouth. He then brought out his belt and started flogging me,” says Arionla, a 300 level student who alleged that she was raped by a man, later identified as the cousin of former Director–General of the Nigerian Stock Ex­change(NSE), President, Ndi Okereke-Onyuike.
    The suspect, Prince Daniel Okereke, 37, was alleged to have lured her into his home at Mende, Maryland, Lagos, subdued her with the aid of his security guard before he pounced on her and raped her sev­erally.


    Saturday Sun learnt that after the several rape sessions which lasted for more than 30 minutes, Prince Daniel ordered Arionla to pick her bags and get out of the house. Abused and bitter, Arionla was said to have started destroying the property in his house and also flinging same out of the compound. In the process, the car that belonged to one of the neighbours was destroyed.

    Not aware of what could have led to the fracas, the angry neighbour alerted the police attached to Area F, Ikeja who arrested Arionla and accused her of as­sault. On listening to both sides and overwhelming bruises on Arionla’s body, a case of attempted rape was established and Prince Daniel was arrested and later released on bail while Arinola was rushed to the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja for examination and treatment.

    Saturday Sun further gathered that when Arinola and her family discovered that the case was as good as closed by the police attached to Area F Command, Ikeja, she reported the matter to the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID), Panti that ordered his re-arrest, having sighted the original copy of the lab test which proved that she was forcefully defiled and the cause of the wound on her body.

    Still recovering from the scars that had disfigured her beautiful body, Arinola, 6ft tall, and who can be best described as a model, claimed that she saw Prince Daniel as a harmless elder brother who cared about her ailing health.

    According to Arinola, 22, and a student of Univer­sity of Lagos, Akoka, she met Prince Daniel through an online dating site, early last month. “We became friends online and I gave him my number. He kept calling requesting to see me in school and I kept giv­ing him one excuse or the other. He actually said that he wanted me to be his friend and I declined that I am a student and should be allowed to face my studies.

    “On November 6, 2014, he called me that he was in my school compound. I was sick and told him that I was about to head to the pharmacy to get drugs. He volunteered to drive me to the pharmacy. I was impressed and grateful for such a kind gesture. Af­ter buying the drugs, we drove to the fast food and bought food. He asked me to join him to a seat out joint where I can relax and eat the food. I was sur­prised when he drove straight to his house at Mende, Maryland.”

    He said that I will be the one to the bear the shame since the world will ask what I was doing in his house when I was supposed to be in school,” Arinola narrated.

    “When it dawned on her that the prince is a beast in sheep’s clothing, Arionla stopped struggling and parted her legs for the Prince. “He raped me severally till he was satisfied. He later removed the ropes and ordered me to get out of his house. I was in pains and knew that since the law will finally release him because of his sta­tus, I needed to destroy anything within reach. It was the neighbours whose car was destroyed that alerted the police at Area F, Ikeja.

    “I wrote my statement and went to the hospital for examination. I was not sur­prised when I was told that he was granted bail the same day. My family had to report the matter to Panti and he was re-arrested.”

    Still dressed in his royal white dress as at press time, Prince Daniel, a businessman, who is also related to Nigerian actress, Stephanie Okereke, blamed the devil for the act. “I am so ashamed of myself. We are family of professionals whom you know very well. I don’t know what got into my head. I am sorry and plead for forgive­ness,” Daniel, who said he was single and still searching, pleaded.

    When asked why she destroyed the prop­erty in his house, Prince Daniel said: “She thought I was going to force her to have sex with me. She started destroying everything which is so expensive,” he said specifically referring to his Chandelier lighting hanging in his living room.

    When further asked if he eventually slept with her, Prince Daniel said: “Yes, I did. I am very sorry, I need a way out.”

    Confirming the story as at press time , Police Public Relations Officer, Kenneth Nwosu said that the suspect would be charged to court for rape and assault.

    According to him, the report got from Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja, showed that there was actu­al penetration in the course of the squabble. “He will be arraigned along side with one of the security men who assisted the sus­pected to subdue Tope. Meanwhile, the po­lice is still on the trail of one of the security guards who also participated in assisting the man to tie her up.”

Additional report from  Vanguard

    Two men Daniel Okereke 37 and Idris Abubakar 37 were yesterday arraigned before a Yaba Chief Magistrate’s Court, over alleged assault and rape and threat to life. The defendants who are businessman and a security Guard respectively were docked before Magistrate Y. O Aje-Afunwa. They are facing a five count charge bordering on conspiracy, assault, rape and threat to life preferred against them by the police.

    The police prosecutor Superintendent Godwin Anyanwu, told the court that the defendants committed the alleged offence on November 6, 2014. He said that the incident took place at Mende, Maryland in Ikeja area of Lagos state between 2:30-11pm. He said that the first defendant allegedly raped and assaulted one lady (names withheld).

    Anyanwu also claimed that the defendant unlawfully had canal knowledge of the victim without her consent, adding that he beat her up with a brown belt and also threatened her with a knife. According to the prosecutor, the offences committed,contravened sections 409, 171, 261 and punishable under section 56 and 258 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2011.

    Earlier, the defendants pleaded not guilty to the charges against them. The defendants counsel, R. Amokea, urged the court to grant the defendants bail in the most liberal term, as the offence committed, was a bailable offence and that they were still presumed innocent until proven guilty.

    The prosecutor Anyanwu objected to the bail application, on the grounds that the charges levelled against the defendants were charges of rape, sexual assault and occasional harm. However, Magistrate Aje-Afunwa, granted the first defendant bail in the sum of N200,000, with one responsible surety in like sum, while the second defendant was admitted bail in the sum of N50,000, with one surety in like sum. She also said that the surety must either be a relative, a cleric or a community leader.

    The matter was adjourned till January 9, 2015, for trial.

Written by Chioma Igbokwe for Saturday Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment

LindaOnu's Followers