AD DYNAMO

Monday 11 May 2015

Friends and associates have abandoned me since I lost the election - GEJ

President Jonathan, during his Thanksgiving farewell service yesterday told his audience that he's been abandoned by people who he once considered friends.
He said despite this, he is a fulfilled man and will continue to give his best to Nigeria.
    "As long as I live, I will continue to do my best for the state because it has helped me as a person. I have to thank Nigerians especially my state for giving me the opportunity to serve as deputy governor, governor and the whole country gave me the opportunity to serve as Vice President and then President, first was to complete the tenure of the late President Umaru Yar’Adua and later serve as Presi­dent from which I am exiting now as a very happy and fulfilled man”.



    "When I look at the whole picture of my life up to when I became the President of this country, and I say that if soldiers and police officers that have not received 0. 5 per cent of the benefits that I have received from the state can lay their lives for this country, I should do anything in the interest of Nigeria including paying the supreme price."

Jonathan said he wasn't surprised that friends and associates have abandoned him, since losing the election and he expects worst things to happen in future. He said those that benefited most from his government were same people crucifying him today but he wasn't phased by it.

He thanked his ministers for having served him well and wished them the best in future endeavours.

    “To my ministers, I wish you what I wish myself. They will have hard times, we will all have hard times. Our ways will be rough.”

    But we are happy the ordinary people appreciate what we did and that is the most important. It’s not what the elite or the privileged few talk or say about you but what the majority of the Nigerian public think about your actions and inac­tions that matter.

    “Like the Primate said, we came to Abuja peacefully and we are returning peace­fully. “I thank the church and Nigerians because they stood by us at our most dif­ficult times.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LindaOnu's Followers