AD DYNAMO

Tuesday 17 June 2014

Late Emir of Kano's daughter opens up on their love story with Sanusi


New Emir of Kano and former CBN governor Sanusi Lamido Sanusi has two wives, one of them (his first wife) he's been married to for 25 years...and this post is about her.
Sanusi married Hajia Sadiya (nee Ado Bayero - pictured above) the 7th daughter and 16th child of late Emir of Kano, Alhaji Ado Bayero in the 80s. Hajia Sadiya, who rarely gives interviews, has finally opened up on how she met and married Sanusi. Below is what she told Hausa mag, Aminiya.
.
    "I knew I was going to be betrothed but I didn't know when since I wasn't being asked when. I met my husband through my own family - he is like my brother. He grew up in the Emir palace and I thought he was my elder brother because he was always with my older brothers. I grew up seeing him in our house so I was surprised when he started to show interest in me. I later discovered we were not related and married him.


On her successful marriage and motherhood

    "I thank the Almighty Allah for the great gift of children. When I married him, I didn't have a child immediately till about three years later. When we had our first son, we were filled with joy. As for marriage, staying married has to do with patience and obedience - these two have helped my marriage. Your husband should always be the head of the family no matter your status "

On her most memorable day

    "My joy was when my husband was turbanned because we looked forward to it but it came when we least expected it. I was so full of joy that day."
Sanusi Lamido Sanusi is the grandson of Sir Muhammadu Sanusi, the 11th Emir and 54th ruler of Kano.

1 comment:

  1. THE NIGERIAN DISCUSSION FORUM www.nairastar.com

    www.nairastar.com

    www.nairastar.com

    ReplyDelete

LindaOnu's Followers