A neighbour and eye-witness tells Punch exactly how it happened.
"Some of the occupants of the house, who were trying to run for their lives, passed the back of the house and came out through the front of house number eight.”
They mistakenly stepped on parts of the wire and were electrocuted.
“The pregnant woman (Mrs Ameh) and her daughter were electrocuted by the wire. However, I quickly pulled away Jonathan, their son, and he survived.
“Three other residents, Basheet, Iya Fatimah and her daughter were also electrocuted.”
About an hour later, electricity officials disconnected power from the affected lines.